Genre: Weight Loss, Nutrition, Healthy Living, Self Help,
Content Rating: G for no inappropriate language, no violence, no sex.
When it comes to losing and keeping off the pounds, Amy Shapiro knows what works, what doesn’t, and why.
In her completely revised and updated edition of LOSE IT FOR THE LAST TIME she incorporates the latest scientific research that has advanced our understanding of why we gain weight and the best practices for taking it off —for good. In addition, she introduces us to the technology that has changed how we exercise and track physical activity with tips on using it to our best advantage.
This new edition contains the same easy-to-follow plan for permanent and healthy weight loss that Amy has used successfully for many years in her private practice to help people like you win the constant battle against losing weight and gaining it back. She shares her secrets for successfully making small, sensible lifestyle changes, along with strategies for using a non-diet approach to lose weight.
Amy will make your dream of long-term weight loss a reality by:
- Helping you lose weight in a nonrestrictive way that makes it easier to keep it off
- Offering surprising, simple substitutes for replacing habits and behaviors that pack on the pounds
- Showing how it’s possible to eat fewer calories without going hungry or depriving yourself of the foods you love
- Explaining how to dine out and enjoy party and holiday food without gaining weight
- Demonstrating how to make exercise a part of your life without joining a gym or playing a sport
- Providing practical, easy-to-live-with suggestions and techniques for staying motivated and focused on long-term success
- Teaching you how to set realistic, measurable, and doable weekly goals
It’s time to get healthy and lose weight for the last time and stop yo-yo dieting and the health risks that come with it. Here are the answers for reaching and maintaining a healthy weight so you can experience the real health benefits of permanent weight loss.
Amy Newman Shapiro RDN, CDN, RYT200 is a registered dietitian, nutritionist. She holds degrees in both psychology and nutrition and is a certified personal trainer and a certified yoga instructor. As a professional speaker Amy promotes wellness in corporate, clinical, and private settings. She also offers wellness coaching and integrative and functional nutrition in her private practice based in Long Island, New York, where she and her husband reside. This is her fourth book.